Tuesday 13 March 2012

March 13 - leaving Canada

Well unfortunately its time to leave Canada. I have really enjoyed my time here between Winnipeg, Steinbach, Brandon, Regina and Moose Jaw. The people are very friendly and the landscape is stunning with snow everywhere. I can only imagine how pretty the place is during the summer months. The part of Canada we spent our time in was the prairie country which is very flat - in fact we heard from one local that you can watch your dog run away for 3 days!!!!!
Other features that I will remember are the huge number of fast food shops, the very wide roads and the extreme utes. If I'm fortunate enough to ever return to Canada I would be keen to travel to the mountains and wilderness areas. Thankyou Canada. Next stop California.
Here's a couple photos of the northern lights, captured on camera by WA scholar Rhys Arangio.

No comments:

Post a Comment